Touring The Yellowstone National Park
Looking for the best places to stay around Yellowstone National Park? The Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole is one of thetop hotels near Yellowstone for providing exceptional service, charming rustic accommodation and top-notch amenities.
As the flagship of the National Park Service and adored by millions of tourists throughout the year, Yellowstone National Park is perfect for day trips, camping, hiking and backcountry adventures. Sitting atop a volcanic hot spot and offering over 2,000 campsites, trails 7,000 feet above sea level and wildlife at every turn, this park is a must-see when visiting Wyoming. The park is full of natural beauty, including breathtaking alpine rivers, magnificent canyons, lush forests and gushing geysers, including the legendary Old Faithful. Main attractions are located along Grand Loop Road and there are nine visitor centers where you will find everything you need to know about the park before you set off on your excursion.
Some Facts about the Park
- There are over 1,100 species of native plants, over 400 species of thermopiles and more than 200 species of exotic plants
- There are 300 designated backcountry sites
- Yellowstone is the world's first national park
- Wildlife includes two species of bear, 16 species of fish, the Gray Wolf, seven species of ungulates including elk, pronghorn, moose and bison, 322 species of birds and 67 other mammals
- The park features 2,219,789 acres of land
- Yellowstone has over 290 waterfalls and is home to the largest high-altitude lake in North America
Want to know more about the park? Visit here for more information.